Skip Navigation

[Fixed in next Release] Ultimate Addons blocks styles not applied on toolset types with custom models

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by giulioB 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to:
I am trying to use Advanced Columns, a block provided by Ultime Addons plugin. I am trying to use it in a document model for a toolset custom post. I successfully use that block in my static pages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
at the bottom of the document: 2 columns, 66%-33% one red, one green, side by side, with "test" in each column.

Instead, I got:
the 2 words "test" appear stacked and not styled.

Please note that I have added an extra layer of security on the folder . They are necessary to view the issue. Credentials available on request (they don't fit the security form).

Also note that I contacted the Ultimate Addon support first. They sent me to the Toolset Support. Their answer is below.

While debugging I found out that the Post created by Toolset returns false for the has_blocks().

Before adding the style in frontend we check with the has_blocks function whether it is a Gutenberg page and Has blocks in it.

But, the post_content od the post does not contain the " <!-- wp:" so has_blocks() return false and our styling does not apply in frontend.

I suggest you reach out to Toolset plugin's authors and ask them regarding this.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Our developers are already aware of this issue, at least with other Ultimate Addons blocks, when used inside a Content Template. Check this ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/block-styling-lost-in-toolset-content-template

A fix is already in testing and should be released in the upcoming weeks. But I am not sure if it will fix the "Advanced columns" block.

I'll test with the development version and I'll get back to you if it fixed the issue or I'll escalate to our developers this case if it does not.

Thank you for your patience.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Christophe,

I tested this with the development version of our plugin and the issue is partially fixed. As you can see on the attached image, the columns were fixed but the background styles were not applied hidden link

I'll keep you informed as soon as I get any feedback.

Best regards,
Jamal

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Christophe,

This ticket is now escalated to the development team, I'll keep you updated once we have a confirmed fix.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi, I'm writing here since this https://toolset.com/forums/topic/block-styling-lost-in-toolset-content-template/ is closed but I think the two issue are related. Just to let you know that the last UAG plugin update may have broken your previous fix to this issue.

I'm using the last version of Toolset Types (3.3.10) and Blocks (1.2.1) and since Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg release 1.15.0 (and further) block styling is missing from Content Templates. Rolling back to UAG 1.14.x fix the issue on content templates.

A normal page with UAG blocks hidden link
A content template page with UAG blocks: hidden link

It's not related to the block types, I've tried Heading, multiclumns, call to action. If it may help I've noticed that during the Content Template preview styles from UAG are applied apart from page-related styles, so I have alignement and position for the blocks but not colors, background, ecc that are from page settings. Instead, when the Content Template is then applied to a page, every style from UAG is missing.

I've also open a support ticket to UAG but since their blocks are working on normal pages I think is really something between the two plugins 🙁

Hi, any update on this issue? I've upgraded Toolset plugins to the very last version but the issue still persist 🙁
I'm stuck on Ultimate Addons release 1.14.0 and cannot upgrade...