Skip Navigation

[Resolved] block styling lost in toolset content template

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Use a non-Toolset block in a Toolset-designed content template. This non-Toolset block (Table of Contents/Ultimate AddOns for Gutenberg) displays fine on my Genesis theme, but when I use it on the Toolset content template the styling of background, fonts, etc. is lost.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: As one example, see hidden link. If slug changes on this single display, choose anther from archive: hidden link.

I expected to see: TOC similar to this page (including background here): hidden link

Instead, I got: TOC without styling. Pointers toward diagnosis/fixing appreciated!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jim

I tested this locally and confirmed the problem on my own site. It doesn't happen with other block plugins, it appears specific to UAG, and affects their blocks generally rather than being limited to the Table of Content block.

I've escalated this so that we can investigate further to see if we need to fix it on our end or it is something they will need to address (we have an ongoing collaboration with the authors).

I'll let you know what we find and the next steps.

Hello, Nigel, just checking in again to see if any progress made re. incompatibility with UAG blocks, thanks.

Jim P.

Nigel
Supporter

Not yet, I'm afraid.

The initial investigation identified fixes for some other issues that could impact on this, but they hadn't been tested yet.

So I went ahead and tested them myself and they don't resolve the problem, so I'm sharing that feedback in the internal tickets and asking my colleagues to continue working on identifying a solution.

Nigel
Supporter

Jim

just to let you know that we are in contact with the developers of the UAG blocks plugin, we need some cooperation from their end (to add a hook in their code) to be able to resolve the problem.

So, we're working on it, but don't have a resolution yet.

Okay, thank you for your update. Let's leave this thread open, thanks.

Jim P.

Nigel
Supporter

We needed UAG to make a change in their code base, which they have done: hidden link

The fix on our end should be in the next Blocks release, and when updates of both Blocks and UAG are published that should fix the problem.

Thank you! I see their v1.14.8 with related fix as already released, and look forward to your Blocks update so that this problem goes away.

Regards,

Jim P.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jim

This should now be fixed with the releases of Blocks today.

Please let me know if you still see any problems after updating (use the Check for Updates button on the registration page if you don't see the updates available).

Yes, thank you!...I should be able to test in one week, then will resolve this ticket, thanks.

Jim P.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.