Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Two things: 1- Button block can't link to product tag 2- Need to make View

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
no-tag-link.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to do a couple things:

I'm making a product single page from scratch with Toolset blocks.
I need to be able to provide / style a view with multiple taxonomies, ideally, I can only manage to make a single taxonomy view, not sure how to add several since each view lets you select only a single taxonomy.

2nd and possibly most important, I'm using the Button toolset block and the name displays perfectly using the products tag, but I can't link to the same tag, I only have the options URL of entry, Author archive URL, Author Picture URL and Featured image URL.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I'm reading some toolset documentation, nothing specific.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link < you can see it there, in the "Equivalencia" button, that's made with the Views plugin which I understand has been replaced with Blocks.

hidden link

You can see I tried both with the Button toolset block and the gutenberg button.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

1. Your observation is correct and a single taxonomy view can be used to show the terms from only a single taxonomy.

To show terms from different taxonomies together, you can create separate views for each taxonomy and show them on top of each other.

2. If your goal is to show the link/button for the attached product tag/term's page, you can replace the button block with a "Fields and Text" block and then include the "wpv-post-taxonomy" shortcode in it:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-taxonomy

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

tax_hier.png

Ok, it worked great, another question:

I have a custom taxonomy with hierarchy, how can I display the hierarchy sequencialy?

Right now it shows like the image I just linked but I would like to show it

Chevrolet > Astra > 1.8 (99/...)
Chevrolet > Vento > 2.0TFSI (99/...)

etc

As of right now it has no order and it doesn't respect father-child

tax_hier.png

Ok, it worked great, another question:

I have a custom taxonomy with hierarchy, how can I display the hierarchy sequencialy?

Right now it shows like the image I just linked but I would like to show it

Chevrolet > Astra > 1.8 (99/...)
Chevrolet > Vento > 2.0TFSI (99/...)

etc

As of right now it has no order and it doesn't respect father-child or it does but it's not what I expect

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-showing-the-custom-taxonomy-terms-heirarichy/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that it worked.

For your new question, I've created a separate ticket and will follow up on it shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-showing-the-custom-taxonomy-terms-heirarichy/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.