Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Tooset Access Control plugin and MemberPress Downloads plugin

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hello,

I'm facing an incompatibility between MemberPress Downloads plugin (hidden link) and Toolset Access Control plugin.

Toolset Access Control doesn't lauch when MP Downloads is activated.

When debug mode is on, I can see the following message on top of Access Control page:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed in D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-includes\functions.php:599 Stack trace: #0 D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-includes\functions.php(599): serialize(Array) #1 D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-content\plugins\types-access\application\models\access_settings.php(834): maybe_serialize(Array) #2 D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-content\plugins\types-access\application\viewmodels\permissions_table_post_types.php(108): OTGS\Toolset\Access\Models\Settings->object_to_array(Array) #3 D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-content\plugins\types-access\application\viewmodels\permissions_gui.php(121): OTGS\Toolset\Access\Viewmodels\PermissionsTablesPostTypes->get_permission_table_for_posts() #4 D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-content\plugins\types-access\application\viewmodels\permissions_gui.php(96): OTGS\Toolset\Access\Viewmodels\PermissionsGui->get_section_content('post-type', Array) #5 D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-content\plugins\types in D:\laragon\htdocs\ejs-2021-03-30\wp-includes\functions.php on line 599

Is there something I can do to use both plugins.

Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website. This will help investigate this without affecting the actual website.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar,

Please, see below the message I got from MemberPress support:
--
I took a look and there is indeed a conflict between the two plugins. However, since the error is being thrown in Toolset's plugin, I would need to know from them more about what is causing the issue.
Could you contact Toolset support and ask what in our plugin would cause this issue? Then I can look into that and see if I can come up with a fix/workaround.
--

Regards

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package and this reply from MemberPress support.

I'll be performing some troubleshooting on this clone and will share my findings, as soon as it completes.

Thank you for the patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting and I was able to reproduce this issue on my test website as well.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

Hello Waqar,

Just a friendly bump to know if you have made some progress for this issue?

Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for checking in.

The issue has been reported to the concerned team and is currently under review.

Third-party compatibility issues such as this can take some time, but, I'll keep you updated on the progress.

This conflict still seems to be an issue.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

The internal compatibility ticket's status is still open for this issue.

I've added your voice to it, which will help in increasing its priority.

Will keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar