Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Views loads Google Font 'Noto Serif' – how can i stop this?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Daniel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Toolset Team.

I expected to see: no Google Fonts loaded by Views, but as soon as i activate it, the font 'Noto Serif' is loaded. If i deactivate Views, the font is not loaded any more. I switched Themes and checked all plugins, it's Views for sure.

How can i stop this?

Best regards,
Stefan

Hi, WordPress enqueues this font by default in certain circumstances created with Views active. The current workaround is to add this code in your child theme's functions.php file, or to a new code snippet in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code:

function remove_google_fonts_stylesheet() {
wp_dequeue_style( 'wp-editor-font-css' );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_google_fonts_stylesheet', 999 );

Our developers are aware of the issue and we're waiting for more information about a permanent solution to the issue.

Hi Christian, thanks for your fast answer. The snippet did not work, but i still close the ticket. It's good to know that your developers are aware of the problem and i am sure they will come up with a solution soon enough. 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Editar temas ‹ ESmedo - Empresa de Traducciones y Servicios Web — WordPress.png

Hi,
this is exactly what I am trying to do, disabling that Google font call.

I tried adding that php function into the child theme, but it has no effect. See screenshot.

Can you please update on how to proceed?

Thanks!

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-views-loads-google-font-noto-serif-part-2/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.