Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Views loads Google Font ‘Noto Serif’ – part 2

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: If I activate Toolset Views, I see that a webfont from Google Fonts, "Noto Serif", is loaded by the page. I would like to block that font, since I do not use it.

Solution: Our developers are working on a permanent fix for this issue. Until then, a patch has been issued. Apply the patch using the instructions provided in the erratum post: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-loads-extra-google-fonts-files-on-the-front-end/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Daniel 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
1541995-Editar_temas_ESmedo_Empresa_de_Traducciones_y_Servicios_Web_WordPress.png

Hi,
this is exactly what I am trying to do, disabling that Google font call.

I tried adding that php function into the child theme, but it has no effect. See screenshot.

Can you please update on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Daniel,

I see that this is a split ticket from the one that christian was handing. Unfortunately Christian is unavailable today but should be back to continue working on this with you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello, sorry for the delay responding to your comment. Our developers are aware of this issue and plan to include the fix in an upcoming release of the Views and Blocks plugins. Until that happens, you can implement the patch file using the instructions here: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-loads-extra-google-fonts-files-on-the-front-end/

Feel free to install the patch and let me know if it does not fully resolve the problem for you.

Yes. I installed the patch and the issue is solved. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.