Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Views causing issue with WPBakery "Tabs" element

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
normal-post.png
wpbakery-tabs-content.png

I am editing a content template for a custom post type using the WPBakery pagebuilder, and the tabs are not appearing as horizontal. To test if it was an issue with WPBakery Tabs element, I disabled all plugins (including Toolset Views), created a regular Test post using the Tabs element, and the tabs functioned normally. After reactivating Toolset Views plugin, I see that the regular Test post is still looking normal.

The issue is only when editing the custom template for a post type in Toolset.

Please advise.

Hello,

It seems to be a compatibility problem with "WPBakery pagebuilder", please provide a copy of your website in below private message box(you can put the duplicator package in your own google drive disk, and share the link), also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi Luo,

I was able to resolve the previous problem stated above by adding an empty WPBakery Tabs element elsewhere on the same page that I was implementing the Toolset content template.

However, I am experiencing a new issue related to the Tabs, that I hope you can help me with. Perhaps it is related to Javascript, which I am not that good at. I've attached a video screenshot showing the behavior, but not able to attach it to this post. Here is the link to the video: hidden link

I have a View that allows for visitors to search for a custom field "Select Employer" from a dropdown, and then shows the post content via AJAX. The issue is that when a visitor selects a new/different employer other than the employer post that was already loaded on the page by default, the first tab is not "expanded" / active. The content appears only when clicking on the tab (in this case, the first tab is titled "Medical").

How can I get the post content inside the tab (which are all housed within a content template that is used in the output of this View) to show up automatically without having to click any tab name when a visitor selects a new search query from the dropdown?

Please help. Let me know if you still need me to send you the duplicator package in order to resolve this issue, or if you have an easier or faster solution for me to try.

Thank you!

Frontend-events.JPG

I assume you are going to reveal the first tab when you change the option in field "Select employer" select menu.

Since you are using AJAX search form, you can trigger your custom JS codes with event "js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated", you can get it with Views GUI, for example:
Edit your post view (View that allows for visitors to search for a custom field "Select Employer" from a dropdown), in section "Search and Pagination", click "JS editor", click button "Frontend events", see screenshot Frontend-events.jpg

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.