Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset maps latitude and longitude in address field does not match latitude

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonathanR-5 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 8.43.53 AM.png

In Toolset Maps, I am trying to get exact location of a point on a map. I have the latitude and longitude and have entered them in the address field, but when I click "show latitude and longitude" the values are different (and Google maps is using these incorrect values to display the map). (Please see the attached screen shot). Can you please help me get the google map to display the lat and lon values that I have submitted?

Dear jonathan,

If the custom address field is created with Types plugin, you can display the lat and lon values with Types shortcode, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#address
Format:
Use the literals FIELD_ADDRESS, FIELD_LATITUDE and FIELD_LONGITUDE in the format to output the address
e.g. format=”FIELD_ADDRESS: FIELD_LATITUDE, FIELD_LONGITUDE”

Thank you for your reply, but it does not answer my question.

I am using Toolset Maps.

I am trying to display a marker on a map.

The address field is a custom type that I believe comes from Toolset Maps.

The problem is that I have input a value for the address that is a latitude and longitude, but when I click on "show latitude and longitude", the values that are listed there are different than the ones I entered. And, google maps is using those values to place the marker on the map and NOT the values that I entered.

I am not trying to simply display the latitude and longitude values as numbers on a page.

thanks

2101.JPG

Sorry, for the misunderstand, you can wrap the coordinates into {}, for example:
{34.072580,-118.444970},
See screenshots: 2101.jpg

thanks, that worked!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.