Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset maps is not loading maps

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.94 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Setup the toolset maps

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Properly loaded map

Instead, I got: The plugin is not displaying the map properly. It displays that google maps is in "Developer Mode" even when we have activated the payments on the google maps API.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When I checked your website, the Toolset Maps plugin was deactivated.

I'll recommend to activate the plugin and see if any error or warning is shown when you use "Check API" button at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Maps -> Google Map API key.

Note: Please also make sure that the active theme and all plugins are updated to the latest versions.

Let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We have already taken the backup and created a staging environment for you so that you can manipulate the site as you wish. You are free to activate/deactivate any plugins/themes to find the issue.

Please let us know when you can.

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

When I checked the page again, the map was now loading correctly.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I did notice the following error in the browser's console, which is a result of calling Google Maps API twice.

"You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors."

Once you've included the "Google Maps API key" through Toolset settings (WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Maps -> Google Map API key), it doesn't need to be included again, through any other way.

It seems a script tag for it is also included in the child theme's "footer.php" file and you can remove it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.