Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset maps

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 15.39.03.png
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 15.39.36.png

Issue one
We are using the toolset map to link up over 100 locations and one marker is not showing.
When you search for a fixture near Cirencester, Siddington does not show up on the search. The address and details are correct. Please can you look into why this is happening?

Issue Two
When you search a location, sometimes the map stays in the same position (London) and you have to scroll to find the marker as it's not in view. Other times the map moves to the location near the marker.

I've attached both examples,
Swansea – the map location changes.
Leeds – the location stays on London and the markers are out of view.
Is there a way to make all searches work the same as Swansea?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 16.35.24.png

Hi Steve

Regarding the first issue, I suspect there may be a problem with the entry in the Toolset Maps cache for Siddington.

I suggest you go to Toolset > Settings > Maps and load the cache data, then see if you can locate any entries related to Siddington and delete them.

Revisit your search page and check when zooming in that Siddington is displayed as a marker in the correct location. It should then have an updated cache entry and be found by relevant searches.

As for the map scrolling, I've not come across that before. I expect it is probably related to the map settings; the setting shown in my screenshot is selected, yes?

Hi Nigel,
Issue 1 – we've deleted the cache on toolset maps for Siddington and surrounding areas, but it hasn't solved the issue, any other suggestions?

Issue 2 – Ok great, we will play around with the settings.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this update.

To troubleshoot why the address entry for Siddington is still not showing correctly, I'll need to see how these elements are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to see the issue?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the view 'Fixtures' is set to use the distance filtering based on the custom field 'fixture-address' that was attached to the 'Fixtures' post type.
( screenshot: hidden link )

It has been now removed from the field group 'Fixtures', but the data stored in the custom fields is still in the database.

You can go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Custom Fields and use the 'Post Field Control' button and you'll find this removed field, that is no longer part of any field group.
( screenshot: hidden link )

The posts/results that are showing when 'Cirencester' is used for search are the ones, which still have the address stored in that field, that falls within that radius.

Note: The address that is showing on the front end is coming from the 'Course Address' field from the related 'Course' post and not from the 'fixture-address' post.

Using the same 'Post Field Control' section you can restore that 'fixture-address' field and then adjust the address location values accordingly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.