Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Issues with PHP 8

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hpJ 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

hpJ

I am trying to:
Upgrade a site to php 8
The site we want to upgrade is hidden link. This has been upgraded to PHP 8 and it is throwing many errors. It is linked to a Toolset Account under 323lifeworks@gmail.com
I created an exact copy of the site here hidden link This is running on PHP7.4 withut these errors. This is linked to my account on Toolset

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (once logged in!)
hidden link
There are many more examples of this In Pages and almost all page templates
I expected to see: (once logged in!)
hidden link (PHP 7.4 Site)

Instead, I got:
hidden link (PHP 8 Site)

hpJ

Please note that you can login to both sites with the same credentials.
Please login to see the errors.
There are many examples of the Fatal error but another example of a fatal error is here:
hidden link

I am hoping that these are all related and if you sort out one the other will come right as well, but if you want me to find all the templates and pages that throw fatal errors I can find them and list them here.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I see there are a number of plugins active on these websites. Have you tested this page, all extra plugins disabled and with a default theme like Twenty Twenty One? This will help in narrowing down any conflict with the third-party code.

Please let me know how it goes and I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website, to investigate this on a different server.

regards,
Waqar

hpJ

HI Wagar,
You absolutely CAN download a clone/snapshot.
Meanwhile I will test with other plugins disabled.
Thanks,
Henk
I have deactivated all plugins except Toolset and I still get the errors.
I changed the Theme and I still get the errors.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded the website's clone.

I'll be performing some tests on this and will share the findings, as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

I've narrowed down the error message to the form "Add Established Business Listing".

If the form is removed from the "Membership Account" page it starts loadings correctly.

I'll be able to share more details about this, within the next few hours.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting. The error is caused by the incomplete condition set for the field "Year Established".

In the custom field group "Established Business - General Information", there is a field named "Year Established".

If you'll check this field's "Conditional display" settings, you'll find there is an incomplete condition in there.
( screenshot: hidden link )

When you'll scroll that condition editor popup to the right, you'll see the button to delete it. Once this condition is removed, you can save the custom field group and the form and the "Membership Account" page will start loading correctly.

Similarly, you can check the settings of all the other custom fields and remove any incomplete/invalid conditions.

In case, the issue still persists for any other page or form, please let me know.

hpJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.