Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset cache messes up styling

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I'm experiencing problems with CSS not loading correctly on this site regularly, which seems to be a problem with Toolset cache. First of all, the styling of views gets messed up regularly, but also the styling of non toolset parts of the site.

When I inspect the source code, it says "cache_pages":"enabled" for some (not all) views used on a page, even though I've disabled the cache view option on all views.

Please see this video: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset's cache feature for the views should only affect the output of the views and the CSS/JS resources related to those views. In general, it should not affect the overall layout of a page, especially if no view is being used on it.

Is your website using any cache or optimization plugin? Is the website being served through a CDN service like Cloudflare? CDN services and some hosting servers also apply cache policies at the server level.

In case the issue persists, even after clearing all the involved caches, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, for further troubleshooting.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access details.

I've carefully reviewed the settings of the two views used on the page, but couldn't find any difference in how their elements are styled.

I also couldn't reproduce this behavior on my test website, with similar blocks. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website, to investigate this on a different server?

Sure, please do!

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded the website's clone.

I'll be running some tests on this clone and will share the findings, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Just wanted to share a quick update that I'm still working on this.

Will share the detailed findings, within the next few hours.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting on your website's clone, I noticed that as soon as I update the pending updates for the plugins (e.g 'GreenShift - Animation and Page Builder Blocks' and 'Greenshift Query and Meta Addon', etc), the issue with the missing block styles gets fixed.

I'm also no longer seeing this issue on your website where all plugins have been updated to the latest versions. I've made these tests in a couple of different browsers and devices and as a guest visitor as well as the logged-in administrator user.

Can you please clear your browser's cache and then check the output of these views again? In case the issue persists, only on any particular device or browser, please share its detail and steps so that it can be investigated further.

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your trouble. Updating plugins never fixed it for me, but resaving the page with the templates on it does (at least for a while). I'm experiencing the same kind of problems with Greenshift reusable templates, so I think the problem lies with the way Greenshift caches things. I've informed them about this too.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.