Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset breaking something else with Kadence

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
aa issue.jpg

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I send a ticket that updating to WP 5.8 broke stuff. Ben at Kadence looked into this and came to the conclusion Toolset was stripping our styling after updating and this the issue.​​

This still open at Toolset support: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/updateing/

Yet again, another issue.

As it stands we can't update to WP 5.8 because Toolset breaks certain front end styling.

Now we update Toolset Blocks to the latest version and again, it breaks something else.

Similar issue, we are using a Kadence Image Overlay block set to Square 1.1. After update the blocks looks the same on backend, in front end the styling is being stripped out. No caching on this site, its a dev. So yet again we roll the site back and all ok.

I know these are all small things however both Kadence and Toolset promote they work well together and yet, we can't update WP, and now can't update Toolset Blocks.

All this does is remind of the bad ole days of dreading updates from Elementor when we used to use that theme.

Anyway, thought it worth a mention,

Thanks, Pete​​​​​​

Hello,

I can get the credentials of your website from your previous thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/updateing/#post-2148965

Where and how can I see the problem you mentioned in screenshot:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2158241-aa_issue.jpg
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem, thanks

Hi there Luo,

Thank you for the reply. As mentioned I had to roll the site back. We go live with this site over the weekend and couldn't leave something else broken.

These issues, and those mentioned in my other thread, have delayed the site by two weeks.

Just prior to going live, I'll clone it and on the cloned site I will update Toolset again and see what the situation is.

It's getting crazy the amount of small things that are breaking with WP 5.8, Toolset and Kadence Facebook groups are full of issues.
Sure these things happen however this is causing all kinds of issues for us.

As it stands, we cant update to WP 5.8 and now cant update Toolset!

Not great.

Please update here when your cloned website is ready, and provide the test website credentials and FTP access in below private message box, also point out the problem page URLs, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset breaking something else with Kadence’ is closed to new replies.