Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset blocks translation and styles not passed to translated page

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
English.jpg
Dutch.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate a page with toolset blocks from Dutch to English and keeping all the styles intact
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot, why the styles are not applying to the translated page(s), I'll need to see how this view is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Petran,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that both the Dutch and the English versions of the page show styles correctly when logged-in.

Dutch: hidden link
English: hidden link

It appears that some cache plugin or server level CDN is still serving the older cached version of the pages, to visitors who are not logged-in.

Please clear all involved caches and then check this page again.

regards,
Waqar

Englis logged in.jpg

Hello Waqar,

Strange behaviour. When I load the page for the first time, it looks like it should. After refreshing with F5 or CTRL-F5 you can see that the styles are not right. I already disabled all caching and I don't use servercaching at the time.

Regards,
Petran

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Petran,

This is indeed strange and the intermittent issues such as this are usually related to plugin/server/CDN level optimizations.

To confirm this I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website so that it can be tested on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Petran,

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

I was able to reproduce this behavior on my test website too and the styles added to the blocks inside a post view seem to load only for the first time, after saving the primary language page.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team and will keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Hello Waqar,

Thanks so far. In the meantime I will use the old views.

Regards,
Petran

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Petran,

Thank you for your report and I'll update you once I'll hear back more on this.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Petran,

I'd like to update that a fix for this issue, has been included in the latest Blocks/Views releases.

You're welcome to update to the most recent Toolset plugins versions and let us know in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.