Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Blocks is conflicting with Kadence theme content preview options

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Conflict with Kadence theme, Kadence has a very nice feature allowing to see the content in different widths when editing in blocks editor. Unfortunately this feature is conflicting with Toolset Blocks – probably the “Adjust Editor Maximum Width” setting.

Solution:

I have tried it again in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, I don't see the original problem.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martenti 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi!
I just switched to Kadence theme (hidden link) which is a very modern theme with deep support for gutenberg editor. Kadence has a very nice feature allowing to see the content in different widths when editing in blocks editor. hidden link. Unfortunately this feature is conflicting with Toolset Blocks – probably the “Adjust Editor Maximum Width” setting.

When Toolset Blocks is deactivated Kadence preview with different widths is working correctly as shown on my video 1: hidden link
With Toolset blocks activated Kadence previews are not working, as shown on my video 2: hidden link

Please note that toolset setting “Adjust Editor Maximum Width” is OFF and the conflict is still present.
Honestly, I prefer Kadence approach to see/compare content view in different widths then your setting in percent/pixels. This is compatible with theme settings and less abstract then yours setting. So I would like to stay with Kadence preview options/features and have Toolset Blocks active as well.

My first shot to workaround with this situation is to totally unload or even not load “Adjust Editor Maximum Width” option because as shown on videos switching off is not enough. Is it possible to get rid of this setting in some way? Can you provide the snippet or other method to unload “Adjust Editor Maximum Width”? My guess is that these (yours and Kadence) options are similar and are based on some JS code which do not work together.
Or
Do you have an other idea to resolve this conflict?

Some incompatibility problems with Kadence theme have been reported by users on this forum I checked them, but they are not related.

Thx!
Eryk

Hello,

Thanks for the details and videos, I can duplicate the same problem with the steps you provided above, and the problem occurs only in admin side, works fine in front-end, can you confirm it in your website? then I can escalate this issue.

Hi Luo, thank you for your prompt answer. That's correct - this is at back-end / admin side situation. On front end / website the content is displayed correctly. But we would like to have this feature available when editing content - we prepare material for multi-device consuming audience and our editor is very happy to resize it during edit, to see if there is "much enough and not to much and not too little" for diffrent screens/widths. So we need this for editing environment.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Hi Luo,
Any news on this?

I would only add, that the Kadence theme is taking the WP market by storm, and support for Kadence can have significant business value. IMHO you should consider also adding Kadence to : Recommended Themes for Toolset-Based Sites alongside with Astra, OceanWP, GPress - I would recommend adding it on the first place. I also predict more Kadence related topic here. It's a trend, and theme is really good (and trendy :-))

I have checked it in our to-do list, it has been escalated to our developers as a bug, our developers are working on it, I will update here if there is anything news.

For your suggestion, I assume we are talking about the recommended the list:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/
All those themes should be free theme, can be downloaded from WordPress free theme list
https://wordpress.org/themes/
but Kadence theme is a commercial theme
https://wordpress.org/themes/commercial/

I don't think we can put it into the recommended theme list. But you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Our manager will evaluate it.

Here is the update from our developers, this issue is obsolete, as we no longer adjust the width on Desktop size.

So we won't fix it in the new version of Toolset Blocks plugin

Hi Luo,
This is good news. Please inform me in which version it will be removed? The next update?
I installed Blocks 1.3.3 and Types 3.4.3 -> hidden link
and I still see 'Adjust Editor Maximum Width' setting/switch -> hidden link - it's still there.
And it's still interferering with Kadence settings.

BTW: Kadence theme is now official in wordpress repository: https://wordpress.org/themes/kadence/
Do you plan to support this theme? It's taking the market like a storm.

Thx!

I have tried it again in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, I don't see the original problem.

Please check the other compatibility issue in your website, for example:
deactivate all other plugins, and switch to original Kadence theme, and test again

There isn't such a plan for supporting this theme, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

I reinstalled toolset plugins, cleared the caches (local and server), switched off 'Adjust Editor Maximum Width' and.... WORKS! (means not works, which is good :-)) ok, thx!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.