Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access causing server error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was encountering fatal errors when activating Toolset Access.

Solution:
The error is triggered by the 3.6.0 update of Enable Media Replace, see https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-access-error-when-non-admins-log-in/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by scottL-3 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

On several sites that have used Toolset for years now I started getting server errors that appear to be caused by Access. The errors go back to at least August and may have started with some Toolset updates around then.

Here is an error log entry of the problem:

[15-Oct-2021 04:09:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'OTGS\Toolset\Access\Controllers\UploadPermissions' not found in /home/---/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types-access/application/models/capabilities.php:613
Stack trace:
#0 /home/---/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types-access/application/controllers/filters/backend_filters.php(534): OTGS\Toolset\Access\Models\Capabilities->get_capabilities_by_user_permissions(Array, Array, Array, Object(WP_User))
#1 /home/---/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): OTGS\Toolset\Access\Controllers\Filters\BackendFilters->toolset_access_has_cap_filter(Array, Array, Array, Object(WP_User))
#2 /home/---/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(189): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
#3 /home/---/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php(786): apply_filters('user_has_cap', Array, Array, Array, Object(WP_User))
#4 /home/---/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php(801): WP_User->has_cap('upload_files')
#5 /home/---/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php(693): user_can(Object(WP_User), 'upload_files') in /home/---/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types-access/application/models/capabilities.php on line 613

Note that I changed the home folder name to --- above just for security reasons.

Note also that other sites that have the same error do not use Asparagos Forum but do use the same theme, Toolset (Blocks, Types, Access) and Gravity Forms. When I deactivate Access, the error goes away but I need Access on this site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Scott

The error is triggered by the 3.6.0 update of Enable Media Replace, see https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-access-error-when-non-admins-log-in/

I suggest you subscribe to that erratum for an update when we have a solution for this.

Thanks Nigel! I'll subscribe to the errata as suggested. I tried searching here several ways and I'm usually an excellent searcher but I didn't come across that ticket. Might be good to add some more generic terms like "Access fatal error" and "Access server error" to it to save you from having to respond to more tickets like mine.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Scott,

I'll add this ticket to our internal issues tracking tool to let you be updated when this issue is fixed. In the meantime, I wonder if you could try one of the workarounds(Disable the plugin, or downgrade to 3.5.0)?

I'll get back to you as soon as we have something to share.

For now I've disabled the EMR plugin. I don't need it on all the time so it was the easiest work around.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.