Skip Navigation

[Resolved] To add pictures in a slide by wp import

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janD-6 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-12 at 22.01.22.jpeg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to add the pictures files of the slider dinamically to the custom type "suppliers" of my website.
Now I have a content template for my custom type and I was add the information using a cvs file.
The slider of "Supplier" has 3 images, but I can´t find how to add different images for each slide.
It is working well if I add manually, but if I try to add by the url it is not working.
Can you help me?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I saw several documentation, but nobody had this issue

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

The supplier added manually is the following:
hidden link

Please see the link of some suppliers added by wp import and with the cvs file :
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Attach you can find a picture of the cvs file.
There is only one colum for one image slide url, but I try other options that are not working too:
Option that I test:
1- Add one column per image slide with the urls separates by comma.
2- Add three columns one url per image slide and add by commas in the custom type field.

The best option is to add 3 images urls per each supplier,

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Considering that the image field you created is a repeating image field and you are using the "WordPress Ultimate CSV Importer", To import repeating image field, the values of the repeating field should be separated by "|" (Pipe sign).
For example:
URL 1| URL 2 | URL 3
More info:
=> hidden link

Here is the list where you compare what features are supported with what plugin:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

Can you please try to separate your image URLs with | pipe sign and check if that help you to resolve your issue if you are using the plugin "WordPress Ultimate CSV Importer".

If you are using different import plugin, as the other plugin do not support the repeating field import, it could not be possible.

The plugin that you said it is not a free plugin, only have a demo, do you have a free plugin to use?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I do not have any other free plugin to suggest but you can check with "WP ALL Import" plugin that offers the Beta version - can you please check if that help you to import repeating image field:
=> hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.