Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] TinyMCE conflict with WYSIWYG in repeatable field group

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
wysiwyg functioning.png
wysiwyg not functioning.png

I have a repeatable field group which includes a WYSIWYG and also have TinyMCE Advanced plugin installed. When editing the field group, the WYSIWYG box does not show and I can't edit or add text. See testwys in first image (wysiwyg not functioning.png) - a wysiwyg field within a repeatable field group. Field namged Wys outside shows a wysiwyg field outside of a repeatable field group.

Second image (wysywig functioning.png) shows the same CPT with TinyMCE Advanced plugin deactivated.

This is a clean WordPress install with only Toolset Types and TinyMCE Advanced installed and 2020 theme.

TinyMCE.JPG

Hello,

I have tried the latest version of TinyMCE Advanced plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/tinymce-advanced/) in my localhost, but I see different result from your screenshot, both WYSIWYG fields(in or out repeatable field groups) do not show any buttons from TinyMCE Advanced plugin, here is my screenshot: TinyMCE.JPG

Is there any special setting requires in TinyMCE Advanced plugin side? please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem as your screenshot, thanks

TinyMCE4.png
TinyMCE3.png
TinyMCE2.png
TinyMCE1.png

Thanks Yang,
yes yours looks different to mine, but still not functioning correctly. I did not adjust any of the default settings in TinyMCE Advanced, just installed and activated. Attached are screenshots of the settings. And I've tried with both the most recent TinyMCE Advanced 5.4.0 and also with 5.3.0 and both gave the same result.
I get the exact same result on another site, which is why I set up this clean test site.
thanks
Kate

I can see the same problem with classic editor when edit a post, but your screenshot is using blocks editor:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/1682821-wysiwyg_not_functioning.png

Since it is a compatibility issue, to avoid misunderstandings, please provide a copy of your test website, you can put the package file in your own google drive disk, and share the link in below private message box, also point out the problem post URL, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the detail, I have requested access to the files, please grant it, thanks

Hi Yang,
I've granted access to the files, sorry, I didn't realise that was required for Google Drive files.
Thanks
Kate

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in my localhost, will update here if find anything

I can duplicate the problem as your duplicator package and escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Here is feedback, this conflict is confirmed, and our developers are working on it.

Ok, thanks for the update Yang
Kate

I have to update this ticket's status to "Escalated", you don't need to answer it for now, I will keep on updating here if there is any news.