Skip Navigation

[Closed] Ticking "Don't include current page in query result" is not working.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 4.41.37 PM.png

I am trying to:
correct the issue with the page showing as one of the query results, even though I have tried toggling the "Don't include current page in query result" several times.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
( note this is a membership site, so you need a current login to see it)

I expected to see:
Not to see the page title and an empty container with the read more link pointing to the current page.

Instead, I got:
An empty container as the last object in the query, with the read more link pointing to the current page.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

It is possible that some third-party code from the installed plugins or active theme is interfering with the view's query.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how this view is set up in the admin area and you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks for the response, Waqar.
Since this is a production client site, I need to schedule the downtime.
I will respond with the results shortly.

Thanks,
Trey

Waqar
Supporter

Sure please take your time and I'm setting your next reply as private again.

Hi Waqar,

I didn't do this operation yet, because of the significant amount of work involved in closing the site, switching themes, and turning off and on all the plugins, one-by-one.
Just a note, however, that there's another view that's parallel to the one in question, with nearly the same configuration, just that it references public posts, rather than private ones, and the problem does not exist. Because of this, I have strong doubts that it's a plugin conflict that is causing this.
Could it be that because there are two post-types involved in the view, that it's caused the view to confuse the page it's on with a post?

Thanks,
Trey

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing this update.

I've performed some tests on my website with the views with multiple post types selected and couldn't reproduce this behavior. This suggests that there must be something else.

Whenever you've created a full backup copy of the website, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details of the website, so that I can see how everything is set up in the admin area.

Note: I'm setting your next reply as private again.

The topic ‘[Closed] Ticking "Don't include current page in query result" is not working.’ is closed to new replies.