Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The latest update broke links [wpv-post-link]

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tacoF 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

After the latest update, a [wpv-post-title] is broken.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
Check the link at "Attached to Kettlebell Workout: Nautilus"

The code
[wpv-layout-start][wpv-items-found]<!-- wpv-loop-start --><wpv-loop>[wpv-post-link item="@workout-session-video.parent"]</wpv-loop><!-- wpv-loop-end -->[/wpv-items-found][wpv-no-items-found][/wpv-no-items-found][wpv-layout-end]

The link: hidden link

Since I've yet to find the issue in other places, I assume it's linked to item="@workout-session-video.parent"

toolset-3.jpg
toolset-2.jpg
toolset-1.jpg

Added a screenshot to show what the HTML looks like.
It's really odd, like there is another a href embedded.
I added a second screenshot of the code

I added a "c" around the shortcode to make sure there is literally nothing else called than
[wpv-post-link item="@workout-session-video.parent"]
In the third screenshot you can see that the c is around the link which goes to

"hidden link"

But it should just go to hidden link

We're in an intermediary post, and hidden link is on the other end of it. I don't think this is normal behavior right? I mean, it doesn't make sense.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this content is set up in the admin area. Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Looking at staging, it appears the update has not been applied yet, so it's not the update that caused the problem.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the following conditional statement (in the template 'Template for Videos'), was causing this escaping issue for the double-quote characters:

[wpv-conditional if="('[wpv-view name="get-workout-related-to-video"]' ne '')"]<h4>Attached to Kettlebell Workout: [wpv-view name="get-workout-related-to-video"]</h4>[/wpv-conditional]

The use of this conditional statement can be avoided, by simply moving the text 'Attached to Kettlebell Workout' inside the 'wpv-items-found' tag of the view "Get Workout Related to Video":

[wpv-items-found]<h4>Attached to Kettlebell Workout: <!-- wpv-loop-start --><wpv-loop>[wpv-post-link item="@workout-session-video.parent"]</wpv-loop><!-- wpv-loop-end --></h4>[/wpv-items-found]

After this change, you'll not need to call this view's shortcode inside a conditional statement and that text heading will only be available if the view returns at least one result:

[wpv-view name="get-workout-related-to-video"]

You'll see that the link is now being generated correctly, now.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.