Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The items are not show the info as custom fields

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by janD-6 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Jamal,
Thank you for your answer, I talked with my boss, but he think that we have very advanced the project with the current theme.
So please, can you check how to fix the issue

Do you have any news about to solve the issue ?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This is a general compatibility bug, that I was able to reproduce on a clean install. You can check it here hidden link

So, I am escalating this ticket to our 2nd Tier for advanced analysis and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that this may take some time(a couple of hours to a couple of days) depending on our 2nd Tier queue.

If this is too urgent for you, I'll suggest involving the theme's support too. You can share with them this test server to demonstrate how the issue is reproducible on a minimal setup, with both, Toolset Blocks views and Legacy view.

Thank you for your reply.
We asked to the theme too, but they are not using the toolset plugin so that need to investigate too.
Please, make your best and I hope this solve asap.
Keep me posted, please

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier has worked on the test site and after some debugging, he was not able to reproduce the issue, probably, some cache was triggering it. So, this is not a general compatibility issue, but rather an exception happening on your website.

So, I worked again on my local copy, and I was able to make it work with a new post(Products 1), and I suspect, some data corruption is causing the issue for the existing posts. So, I went to your website and I created a new post, but the issue was still reproducible for this new post.

I am running a migration of your website into our platform to verify if the issue will be reproduced on our servers too. I'll keep you updated of my findings.

Jamal
Supporter

After the migration to our servers, I created a new post and the issue was not reproduced. Then I created two other posts by they presented the issue. I was not able to find out what is the origin of this issue.

I'll check with our 2nd Tier for help on this issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier has found the origin of one issue, why the content template is not used:
It turns out that the theme's checks, first, if the post has content, then it calls the_content() function which should display the results of the Toolset content template. This check is on line 132 of the file /includes/blog/content-single-post-code.php, check the first line of this code:

<?php if ( '' != get_the_content() ): ?>
  <div class="post-content et-clearfix">
    <?php the_content(); ?>

Because the post do not have content, this verification always fails.

To work around it, copy the file /globax/includes/blog/content-single-post-code.php into the same directory hierarchy on the child theme /globax-child/includes/blog/content-single-post-code.php and then remove this verification by commenting lines 132 and 151, the code between these two lines should be:

<?php // if ( '' != get_the_content() ): ?>
									<div class="post-content et-clearfix">
										<?php the_content(); ?>
										<?php
											$defaults = array(
												'before'           => '<div id="page-links">',
												'after'            => '</div>',
												'link_before'      => '',
												'link_after'       => '',
												'next_or_number'   => 'next',
												'separator'        => ' ',
												'nextpagelink'     => esc_html__( 'Continue reading', 'globax' ),
												'previouspagelink' => esc_html__( 'Go back' , 'globax'),
												'pagelink'         => '%',
												'echo'             => 1
											);
											wp_link_pages($defaults);
										?>
									</div>
								<?php // endif ?>

Then, make sure you are using the child theme. And update your content templates to use the correct fields slug. For example, change "description-4sl" to "description".

You can check this on our migrated site at hidden link

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi! I try to make the changes, but I have some doubts.
In hidden link I did´t find the file: "content-single-post-code-php" I used the similar url.
"content-blog-single-code.php"

Then I made the changes that you suggest

I did not find the same directory at Globaxx Child, so I try first in directory:
hidden link --- > it is not working

then I create the folders /includes/blog/ so upload to:
hidden link

The file that I added is content-blog-single-code.php

But, it is not working, can you check pls

If you think I made some wrong please fix it if you can.

Best Regards

Jamal
Supporter

I believe that you are encountering a different issue, right now. Every post from the custom post type returns a 404 error on the frontend, and that is not related to the issue of the content template.

It is probably a compatibility issue, because, I deactivated most of the plugins and I was able to view the posts without issues. I also implemented the fix on your child theme and it is now working. Check this screenshot hidden link

To investigate the 404 error issue, I activated PHP debugging on the website but no logs were written. Can you check with your hosting provider, why PHP debugging is not working?

On the other hand, activate your plugins one-at-each-time and visit a post page(hidden link) each time until you reproduce the issue. So we can know what plugin is causing this.

Unfortunatelly the Globaxx theme cause lot of problems, and we don´t receive any help of Globaxx,
Toolset help & solve issues, but in order to avoid issues in the future we decided move to Ocean WP Theme.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.