Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The frontend displays blank content after editing a page with elementor.

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MaureenR3428 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (3).png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am editing an existing page built with elementor. I am modifying a link on that page to another page on the site. This page was built with elementor and displays fine on the frontend before the latest editing with elementor. When the edited page is published, the page displays no content other than header and footer. I have contacted elementor support and they have identified that Toolset Layouts is preventing the display of the content. When I deactivate Toolset Views, the edited page does display fine. The problem is, the site uses Toolset Views on other pages, so deactivating it is not an option.

I am aware that using two different page builders in a site is not advised, however, I inherited the site and so hope that there is a solution.

What is the link to your site?
The URL of the edited page is hidden link
Attached is a screenshot of the page content in elementor and a screenshot of the blank page after edit.

Hello, there's really no good way to use Layouts and Elementor together. The two systems are inherently incompatible, especially when it comes to Elementor's own templating system (mostly in Elementor Pro). So if you want to use Elementor at all, you should probably deactivate Layouts. They are simply not designed to function on the same site. Toolset's Content Template system should not be used with Elementor, either. If you assign a Toolset Content Template to some a post, and assign an Elementor template to the same post, you'll end up with a blank page. We have more information for best practices available here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

If you had things working more or less before making an edit to the post, I might be able to make a recommendation to get you back to where you were beforehand. I would need to take a peek in your wp-admin area to see how your Layouts, Content Templates, and Elementor Templates are configured for this post and other posts in this post type. If that's okay, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

I have set the Template Layout for the page to "Don't use a Layout" and now it works.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.