Skip Navigation

[Closed] The content template doesn't work and I can't see the block properties correct

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:

Create a custom template and edit it as I see in your youtube videos.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The post beeing displayed as acording to the content template.

Also when I try to edit the template, I can't see all the cool controls of the blocks, as you show them in the youtube videos. I can't drag and drop blocks for example (and I saw your video on youtube about that, i just dont see the controls)

Instead, I got:

An almost empty page and no block controls in Gutenberg.

I expected to see: The post beeing displayed as acording to the content template.
Hello, I suspect there may be a compatibility issue with the Kallyas theme. May I run some tests to confirm this? I would like to temporarily disable some plugins and switch to a default theme like Twenty Twenty for a few moments. I will revert the site to its current state after testing and give you an update. Let me know if that's okay, and I will get started on those tests.

Also when I try to edit the template, I can't see all the cool controls of the blocks, as you show them in the youtube videos. I can't drag and drop blocks for example
In the Block Editor, I generally use the up and down arrows to move blocks around in the Layout. Can you show me a link to the YouTube video with drag-and-drop like you are describing? I know there is a way to drag-and-drop blocks in the Form builder, for example, but I'm not sure I know which drag-and-drop behavior in the Block Editor you are referring to so I would need to see the video to be sure. The Form builder can be accessed here when you create a new form: hidden link

Hi, Christian

Please do run the tests. If it only takes a few moments, it will not affect us very much.

I am talking about this video:
hidden link

I would like to be able to do that in my wordpress too.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.37.21 AM.png

It does seem to be a conflict with the Kallyas theme. Let me install the theme locally and run some tests to see if we can do anything to make the Content Templates work correctly. As far as the block controls, you must deactivate the "Top Toolbar" setting in the block editor to show block-level controls. I have deactivated this setting for you and added a screenshot so you can see the setting for future reference.

https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/theme-support-for-content-templates/
It seems that the Kallyas theme does not use a proper, dedicated function to display the content. Instead, it calls apply_filters, a WordPress function. This is not fully compatible with Toolset's Content Template system, and does not allow Content Templates to be displayed.

You can try the workaround presented in another ticket, which modifies the code of the Kallyas theme to use the_content() and allows Content Template display, or you can work with the author of the theme to try to make it more compatible: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/kallyas-theme-4-16-9-not-displaying/

The topic ‘[Closed] The content template doesn't work and I can't see the block properties correct’ is closed to new replies.