Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Stripped theme classes

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Indian/Mauritius (GMT+04:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Arvish Mungur 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Arvish Mungur.

Author

Hello jillT,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the confusion.

I have created an override at this location /themes/sensoryslumber/woocommerce/single-product.php

This is a copy of the current woocommerce single product template you are currently using. This template is set by the following file

/plugins/woocommerce-views/templates/single-product.php

To help you get started, I have integrated a few genesis template elements in this override.
You will style and integrate some additional elements as required.

hidden link

If you wish to override the template fully, you can refer to some additional documentation:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/template-structure/

You can also refer to the following guide to override Woocommerce template pages for Genesis child theme.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/customizing-woocommerce-product-templates-genesis/#copy-woocommerce-views-single-product-php-to-your-themes-woocommerce-folder

Please let me know if this helps.

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards

Thank you. It is still not correct as it has still stripped out the breadcrumbs. Yes, I know there is a woocommerce field in order to add breadcrumbs back in, however, that way cannot duplicate the display as per the rest of the site

I presume that in order to update Toolset to the latest versions on my other sites, I must now go and rewrite all the custom templates to suit the new version 🙁

Honestly, I have not had a problem creating custom templates until the latest upgrades.

I add css to add a right-hand margin to the images. It is ignored, even with !Important. So I did a left hand margin on the text - it's ignored.

I'm just trying to reproduce the top half of the standard woocommerce layout, but it now seems impossible with toolset.

Hello jillT,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, if you use a custom template, styling and structure are elements that need to be customised.

You are attempting to override Woocommerce’s single product page template.

This is overridden on four occasions before being rendered to you.

#1 Woocommerce plugin is overridden by #2 genesis-connect-woocommerce is overridden by #3 woocommerce-views which is finally overridden by #4 the theme override which I made.

This is how template overrides work for woocommerce. Till now you were using the genesis-connect-woocommerce template. But if you would like to use woocommerce views, there are modifications required to adapt the generic template to what you require.

By making a copy inside the theme folder and modifying the HTML layout, this is exactly what I have done. You can now modify and style this template to your requirements.

With regards to CSS issues you are having, try the following to add 20px to the right of the gallery:

.woocommerce #content div.product div.images, .woocommerce div.product div.images, .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.images, .woocommerce-page div.product div.images {
    margin-right:20px;
}

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards

I am still unable to create custom templates as easy as I used to be able to using Views. It used to be that when you created a template for woocommerce products it would only affect the loop, and it would not strip out theme divs above the loop, which it is doing now.

I am still unable to have the breadcrumbs as per the rest of the site.

If I now upgrade toolset on other sites I presume I am going to have to rewrite the custom templates, and thus not be able to have the breadcrumbs on those either.

If I am unable to do this anymore then I am not happy.

Hello jillT,

Thank you for reply.

Could you please point me to a site where you have set up woocommerce views without having to modify the single product template.

From what I can see in the production version of sensoryslumber.co.uk you are using the single product template provided by genesis-connect-woocommerce.

It would be good if you can then provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to one of the sites you have mentioned so that I can verify your settings and guide you to the correct path.

Unfortunately copies of the sites will not work this time as I need to see the configurations.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

We'd like to request the permission to disable, enable and install themes and plugins for this site. Please accept this?

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.