Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Staging: Something went wrong. Your change may not have been saved.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The customer reported that the WordPress file editor in the admin area is not saving changes.

Solution:
Guided that this error message is shown when there are some security restrictions or file permission differences on the server level and the website's host should be consulted.

Relevant Documentation:
n/a

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by suzyo 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Trying to add to staging site CSS.

I get this message: "Something went wrong. Your change may not have been saved. Please try again. There is also a chance that you may need to manually fix and upload the file over FTP."

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This error message is shown while using the WordPress file editor in the admin area when there are some security restrictions or file permission differences on the server level.

This is not something specific to Toolset plugins and the following article provides some useful troubleshooting steps:
hidden link

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Ugh, I meant to send this to Flywheel, my host. Thank you, and sorry.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back and I'm confident that your host will be able to sort this out for you.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one, for each new question or concern.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.