Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Using different views for archives

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michelL 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Great thanks!

Is it also possible to style the Archive page (hidden link) without using the Archive view?
I want to style this page with different views that I have created myself.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

It is possible to insert the views in the archive view, but you'll have to create that archive using the classic/legacy archive editor and not the blocks editor.

When you'll create a new WordPress Archive from WP Admin -> Toolset -> WordPress Archives, as per your website's settings, it will be created using the blocks editor. But you can use the "User Classic Editor" button in the archive's settings, to switch to the classic/legacy editor.
( screenshot: hidden link )

In the classic/legacy archive editor, you can place the target view's shortcode, anywhere except for the loop of the archive.
( i.e. it shouldn't be inside the "<wpv-loop>...</wpv-loop>" tags, otherwise, the view's output will repeat for each of the results in the archive )

Example of the view's shortcode:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view )

[wpv-view name="Name of the view"]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.