Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Replacing archive with the page view

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi Waqar,
Thank you very much for your responses. This helps me a lot. I have two additional issues on the solutions you have provided

1) for the first issue "Displaying different color of the background container, since I amusing a CPT "Papers & Opinions" (slug = 'paper-opinion' however I do use a customs field as sub-type which is the type I need to use)
question how can I make it work?

2) for the post author it looks like the right solution,
- I just need to only display the real author instead of all the users on the site
- I wish to add a label to this filter but it doesn't have the same possibility as the other filter field (the one I have added is not properly aligned even though I have added padding & margin
hidden link

Last not least I wish to replace the current archive template (hidden link) with the new page "new-publications-archive" without breaking anything... how do you advice me to proceed?

Thanks again in advance with your great support answer

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

The page '/paper-opinion/' is an archive that is using a WordPress Archive from the Toolset.

The page '/new-publications-archive/' is a regular page with a post view, which can't be used on the archive page.

The only difference that I can notice between the two pages is that the views page has the search form and the archive page doesn't.

You can either include the search fields in the relevant archive too or use any third-party redirection plugin to redirect the archive page to the views page.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
Your support is FANTASTIC!!!
I was able to get most of my issues resolved, however on this one issue I have tried to include the same existing View search (so that all the formating I have done in the page '/new-publications-archive/' be also displayed in the archive page but the archive template is a bit more complex I guess. Maybe I am not incerting the view in the right place.

Creating the view with the search fields went relatively smooth but make any changes to the archive template caused issues
- Eventually I would like the template archive to look and behave exactly like the view search page.

Also I would like the search section to stay sticky on the top when I scroll down, I have tried to setup the kadence "sticky section" but it is not working as expected. Does toolset also have a sticky possibility to keep the serach field visible?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for your kind words and glad I could help.

The Views and Archive posts loop work differently, so including a post view inside the archive page is not a very safe approach, in the long run.

If you'd like to offer the exact same search experience on both these pages, then the best approach would be to redirect the archive page to the views page. This way you'll just have to maintain, one single instance/page for the search.

Toolset plugins don't offer any built-in sticky section feature, but you can use the one offered by Kadence. You can load only the search form from the view, either using a separate 'View' block and selecting the existing view or through the shortcode 'wpv-form-view' :
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-form-view )

[wpv-form-view name="view name" target_id="1234"]

Note: You'll replace 'view name' and '1234' with the target view's name and the ID of the page to show the search results, respectively.

In case you face any difficulty in making this work, you're welcome to start a new ticket and share the temporary admin login details.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.