Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Edit related product field through the edit form – continued

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maiS 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi Waqar and Christian,

I tried creating a new ticket but i can only choose to "Start a chat", "Suggest an improvement" or "Need help with my account" - usually i can create a new ticket like this one.

Anyway - Christian helped me creating an option for the host to edit a camp in the frontend after it has been created. Let's say the host typed in a wrong address or wants to add another coach - this is now possible and it is super great. Right now there are 2 edit buttons: 1 for the post form with camp info and 1 for the product info.

In the meantime Waqar managed to actually convert the 2 post forms into 1 post form. So now you type in price, number of available sports and all the relevant data from the product form, in the info form. So now we only have 1 form. This is amazing.

I was now testing and it is not possible to edit the price or number of available spots on the frontend yet. You can see the fields in the form but it says that there is an error with this field and you can not edit anything. My question is, if it is possible to include those fields and make it possible to edit the price and number of available spots in the same form so that we also only have 1 form to edit in the frontend instead of 2?

Thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mai,

Thanks for the update and glad that we were able to help.

Can you please share the link to a page, where this edit form for the camp posts can be seen?

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Of course. If you login with the admin login that i gave you earlier in the other tickets and then access a camp on the front end, let's say this one: hidden link

You will see 1 edit button beneath the cover image called "Rediger camp". If you scroll down to the product section you will see another edit button for the product part.

Now that we only have 1 form for creating the entire camp, is it then possible also only having to edit 1 form instead of 2?

Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting and for sharing these details.

I've done some testing (on my test website) and research the case of combining edit forms is much complex than the new post forms.

The "Rediger din camp" link on the single camp page, takes to the output of the content template "Host - edit your camp".
( e.g. yourwebsite.com/camp/test-entry-from-waqar-with-25-openings/?content-template-id=1011 )

This content template already had a view to show the related product, but it was not showing anything from the loop.

I've added the form block in that loop to show the "Host - edit your product" form and now both the camp and product forms are on the same page.

I can understand that this not as good as having a single form, but, it is still better than having to use two separate links/pages.

Hi Waqar,

That sounds amazing but i do not see the "Rediger Camp" link anymore? Only the product link in the buttom of the page and this one still only contains the product info. Am i looking at a wrong spot?

Waqar
Supporter

I suspect that the "toolset-edit-post-link" is not working for this content template, because it now has two edit forms.

But, I've replaced the shortcode to create the same link differently:

<a class="cred-edit-post" href="[wpv-post-url]?content-template-id=1011">Rediger din camp</a>

Skærmbillede 2021-01-14 kl. 14.17.19.png

Hi Waqar,

Sorry but now i do see the link, and i see the product info with the two "Submit" buttons but i still get the same errors as before - i added a screenshot.
Also the field "Varigheder" should be removed as this is not used anymore.

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-taxonomy-fields-are-showing-incorrectly-in-the-post-forms-continued/

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that the link is now showing.

I've split a new ticket for the form field's error and will reply to that shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-taxonomy-fields-are-showing-incorrectly-in-the-post-forms-continued/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.