Skip Navigation

[Closed] Specific Problem when User logs in with Toolset Views

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
for this problem, it would be much more easier, if I could make a Video to describe the problem. I also would give you Admin Access to the Page, so you could take a look. I would share the video in the private message via a WeTransfer Download Link, if this would be ok for you?
Thanks
Thorsten

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm setting your next reply as private, so that you can share the temporary admin login details, along with the WeTransfer Download Link.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

Based on the information that you've shared, it seems that the issue here is that you're using the incognito/private window for this testing.

In incognito mode, browsers don't save your browsing history, cookies or information entered in forms. As a result, membership sites that rely on user's cookies to distinguish between guests and logged-in users, can perform unexpectedly in that mode.

Can you please repeat the same test but without using the incognito/private window? Most likely, you won't have to refresh the page, to update your logged-in user status and view the complete article.

Hi Waqar,

this issue also occurs if you don't use the incognito mode. Before I showed you the issue in the incognito mode, I had this issue on my iPad (Chrome and Safari browser). Some clients of my client also have this issue and they also didn't use the incognito mode. They bought a membership at my client's shop, then received the login credentials, logged in, and couldn't see the full articles.
So this problem exists even without the incognito mode.

Thanks
Thorsten

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and it is strange that the issue persists, even without the incognito mode.

Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

This will allow me to investigate this on a test server, without affecting the actual website.

Hi. Yes, you can make a clone/snapshot of the Website. 🙂

Thank you
Thorsten

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded the website's clone.

I'll be performing some tests and will share my findings as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some investigation on your website's clone.

I used two different migration plugins (Duplicator and Cloudways Migration) to clone your website on my test server, but as the content is added using the Oxygen builder, the content is not carried over properly on the cloned websites, which affects the troubleshooting.

The Oxygen builder officially recommends the "All-in-One WP Migration" plugin ( ref: hidden link ), but on your website, the export of the backup never completes.

The possible cause can be the low "Upload max filesize" and "PHP post max size" value on the server (which is currently set to 128M) and/or the security plugin.

I'll recommend getting in touch with the server's support team to temporarily increase these two values to about 1024M. After that, you can temporarily deactivate the "All In One WP Security" plugin and then try to export the backup through it.

Please let me know how it goes and once I'll have a properly working clone/backup of the website, I'll be able to continue the investigation.

Thank you for your update. I will try to make a copy of the Site to a Subdomain of mine and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks
Thorsten

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and I'll wait to hear back from you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Specific Problem when User logs in with Toolset Views’ is closed to new replies.