Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sorting Columns with Dollar Signs & Commas

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Sorting columns that include numbers with dollar signs & commas

Solution:

It needs custom codes, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sorting-columns-with-dollar-signs-commas/#post-1290195

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcusC-4 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I previously had a support thread about sorting columns that include numbers with dollar signs & commas. At the time, the support provided worked great. Minesh applied a custom function that allowed sorting to work very well.

However, the code doesn’t appear to be working anymore as I cannot sort the columns as expected.

Here is the original support thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/remove-dollar-sign-commas-from-numbers-field-values/

And here is the URL in question: hidden link

I’d love to know how to make these columns sortable again by the total size of the number instead of the first digits displayed.

Hello,

Since it is a custom codes problem, please provide a test site with the same problem, also point out where I can edit your custom PHP codes, I need to test it in a live website, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, will update here if there is anything found

Here are what I found, in this website, your database is using $table_prefix "wp_pf_", so the old PHP codes won't work.

I have done below modification in your website:
Edit the your theme file "functions.php", replace the PHP codes as below:

function func_orderby_asking_price( $orderby ) {
	global $WP_Views, $table_prefix;

if($WP_Views->current_view == 907){
		 $orderby = str_replace( $table_prefix . 'postmeta.meta_value', "cast(replace(trim( leading '$'  from " . $table_prefix . "postmeta.meta_value),',','')  AS UNSIGNED)", $orderby );
	}
    return $orderby;
}
add_filter('posts_orderby', 'func_orderby_asking_price' );

Please test again, check if it is fixed, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.