Skip Navigation

[Closed] Sort Order By Drag And Drop In Nested Repeatable Groups Are Not Saved In Backend

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
a.png
b.png
c.png

I have a Repeatable Group in a other Repeatable Group (see image A). After i add values, i order it via Drag and Drop (image B) and save the post. After the post is loaded the order seems to be resetted (image C) and no order rule is visible.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share the problem URL where I can see the nested repeating field group you added and access details. I would like to review your structure first and then I will try to check if I can reproduce the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I just switch the order using the drag-drop icon available and saved the post and ordered as A and B and it works just perfect.

Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

Strange, if i reorder and save it doesn't work. See my Screenvideo: hidden link
What i doing wrong?

Minesh
Supporter

I just added the sort order as A,B and C and saved the post, it works:
=> hidden link

Basically, if you think logically 0 is not a post title so you should try to add characters as your post title and it should work.

"0" was just a test. The sort order shouldn't dependent oin the title of course.

If i save your order status without any changes it is wrong again. See new video: hidden link
Independently of the title i want to order it by drag&drop. But like in my video it wasn't saved.

Minesh
Supporter

Ah sorry, you are right. The sort order works with 0 value as well.

Please check - I've tried to change the order to End, A, B, 0, C and saved the post and the same order is displayed once the post get saved.
=> hidden link

Please check the following video: hidden link

Ah, is see: Please try the same with horizontal view like in my Videos ...
I think there is the bug.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see the issue on your install.

I just created a nested repeating field group on my test install and checked with WordPress 5.4 and only latest plugins installed with default theme 2020. I do not able to reproduce the issue. For me, with my test site it works as expected even with the horizontal view.

Can you please send me a duplicator copy of your install and I will try to deploy it on my local server and will check if I am able to reproduce the issue with minimum installation.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Ok, i'll do so the next days.

Hello,

Minesh is on vacation, I will take care of this ticket, and I have enabled the priviate message box, please provide the copy of your website in it, and update here. Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Sort Order By Drag And Drop In Nested Repeatable Groups Are Not Saved In Backend’ is closed to new replies.