Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider isn't loading next images

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
template-slider.PNG
taxonomy-slider.PNG
loop-editor.PNG
controls-settings.PNG

I am trying to create a slider from a taxonomy.

It's at the bottom of this page hidden link

Only the first 3 images are visible
I followed your guide https://toolset.com/documentation/beyond-the-basics/showcase-content-using-post-sliders/

Thanks,
Lykke

sliders1.JPG

Hello,

I have checked the URL you mentioned above, I can see a lots of errors in my Chrome browser console window, see screenshot sliders1.JPG.

Toolset Views sliders are based on Javascripts, I suggest you try to fix those errors first:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

deactived-plugins-causing-problems.PNG

Hi again 🙂

Thanks for taking a look. I started with identifying the plugins causing these bugs, it was ultimate addons for visual composer (which would be nice to get rid of) and WPMU Devs' SMUSH PRO, which is hard to live without, I was thinking maybe these plugins aren't good to be incompatible with, but - anyway - I did that, see the image, no errors there, but still no images.

Hope you can help, - I need to reactivate these plugins soon as possible (cause it would require some work to have the design look right without it), but leaving them deactivated until I hear from you.

Lykke

Thanks for the details, I have check the URL again, there is only two 404 errors, I can not see the following sliders too.

Have you tried as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/slider-isnt-loading-next-images/#post-1287305

1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Did you get any PHP debug logs? please copy/paste the PHP debug logs here.

See the document I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/
PHP Debugging
To enable PHP debugging in WordPress, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

PHP Debugging in WP

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This produces a file error_log.txt in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, the www-data user).

After this is enabled, all errors that occur when using your website’s front-end and backend, are logged into that error_log.txt file.

wpconfig.PNG

Hi 🙂

I've edited wp_config, see image
The file didn't show up so I created the error_log.txt file, and set permissions, but it's not getting any content, I'm not exactly sure what to do?

I haven't yet tried toolset debug

Can you explain why I have to deactivate other plugins and the theme, when the errors dissapeared with the 2 mentioned plugins? I just need to understand.

Thanks
Lykke

Since you are using lots of other plugins and a custom theme, there might be some compatibility problem in your website.

So as I suggest above, you can deactivate other plugins/theme, if the problem is fixed, you can activate them one by one, try to locate the problem plugin/theme.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.