Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Single post doesn't show up

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
single custom post type.png

This problem has been reported before and I understood that the latest Avada integration release would solve it. I have loaded Avada Integration 1.4 but I still have the issue.

Single custom post types are not loading correctly. See hidden link then go to a single item to see the issue.

Minesh dealt with my previous support request on this.

Dear Nick,

Our 2nd supporters leave a message in your ticket, they need detail steps to duplicate same problem, so please follow our document to provide a copy of your website, we need to test and debug it in localhost.
How To Provide Supporters With A Copy Of Your Site
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

In the problem URL:
hidden link
I can see some shortcode can not be resolved, for example:

[button link="" color="custom" size="small" stretch="yes" type="" shape="square" target="_self" title="Listen Live" gradient_colors="|" gradient_hover_colors="|" accent_color="" accent_hover_color="" bevel_color="" border_width="" icon="" icon_position="left" icon_divider="no" modal="" animation_type="0″ animation_direction="left" animation_speed="1″ animation_offset="" alignment="" class="" id=""]LISTEN

LIVE[/button]

And it is emplty in the main content area, please take a screenshot for how should it display, what you expect it display, thanks

Luo Yang

I would expect the single post view to appear. I can't take a screenshot of what I expect because it doesn't appear!

I've tried before to give you a copy of the site and run into lots of difficulties.

However, if you give me a private message, I will back up the site and give you admin and FTP access.

The unresolved code may be irrelevant; it is fusion pagebuilder code which may not have been converted in the move from Avada 4 to Avada 5 but it seems to be in a sidebar.

The layouts editor for the page is also not allowing me to see any layouts to assign to it as a parent! I get None Found in the search box.

Please provide the admin account and FTP access in below private detail box, thanks

1131.JPG

Thanks for the details, I can login into your website, here are what I found:
1) Your website is a multi-site wordpress installation, you provide a admin account of sub-site, I can not deactivate plugins and switch themes, so I can not do further debug in your website.
2) When I open the problem page:
hidden link
I keep on getting the 503 error:
Service Temporarily Unavailable
3) When I edit the layout "Template for Audio clips":
hidden link
I can see the problem, see screenshot 1131.JPG, is it the problem you mentioned above:
not allowing me to see any layouts to assign to it as a parent

Since you are using a lots of plugins and custom child Avada theme, I suggest you try this:
1) Upgrade to the latest version of Layouts plugin 1.8.8, you are using Layouts 1.8.6
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to original Avada theme, and test again
3) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Thanks.

I am not seeing the 503 error at all.

I have:

1. Uploaded the Layouts 1.8.8 - No change to the problem
2. Disabled all plugins except Toolset ones - No change to the problem
3. Changed the theme from Avada 5.0 child to Avada 5.0 parent - No change to the problem
4. Enabled the PHP error logging. error_log.txt remains empty

I have reinstated plugins and the child theme following testing.

I have enabled a new network admin account for you. If you enable private I will send details.

I am beginning to think that perhaps a complete wipe of all Toolset plugins and data or at least Layouts is needed. While this would create work, it might not be too bad if it is possible to do this?

Nick.

FYI I have resolved the issue with the single post pages by not using layouts at all and instead assigning a content template to these pages. That said, there remain the problems with layouts and setting parents and I really don't understand why I can't use layouts for pages.

I have modified the layout "Layout for Header and Footer":
hidden link

Add a row, in this row, add a child layout cell. Please test again, check if it is fixed or not.

More help:
Using layout hierarchy for quick development
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/hierarchical-layouts/

Thank you; that appears to have resolved the issue. What did I do wrong/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.