Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcodes in custom fields

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi folks,
first of all I really love your plugin. I mostly use the free version for creating custom fields for posts, pages and custom post types.
But I´m running into a serious problem every time.
Is there a way to display Shortcodes by a custom field.

I am trying to:

1.) I want the user to insert a Contact Form 7 shortcode into a single custom field, but I don´t know how to display it on the frontend.

2.) I have a custom field which uses the WYSIWYG editor. When the user inserts a (WordPress-) image gallery it just shows a shortcode in the frontend. Is there a way to show the gallery?

It would be nice, if somebody could help me with that.

Thank you in advance.

Dear Jens,

How do you render the field value in front-end?
I just tested with Types shortcode in my localhost, it is able to resolve the shortcode in field value, I suggest you try this:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Types plugin
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme
2) render the custom field with Types shortcode [types ...][/types]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/
click link "Usage examples", you will be able to see the examples:
shortcode: [types field='my-address'][/types]

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.