Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcode in Custom Field and Brizy

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Okay I'm not really able to see anything in my FTP directory. I can see a .ftpquota file, but I cannot change directories or see anything else, so I can't see the log file. It's probably not important. I can replicate a problem on my end - if I place a Types WYSIWYG field in a Brizy template the template fails to render that WYSIWYG field. That's the issue we are trying to solve, correct? If so, I can escalate this to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation.

Yes, please.
Please report also the original problem, which happen even when not using a WYSIWYG field.

"If I insert a shortcode in a Toolset custom field and use the Brizy Shortcode module directly in a post, it works.
hidden link
But if I create a Brizy template, with the same Brizy's shortcode module, assign this template to all posts, the shortcode doesn't resolve.
hidden link"

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Puntorosso,

Christian has been out for a few days right now but once he is back he will be able to follow up with this.

We are also experiencing a high support forum so response times will be lower than normal.

Thank you for your continued patience with us.

Ok, no problem.
Please keep me updated.
Thanks

Please report also the original problem, which happen even when not using a WYSIWYG field.
Actually the WYSIWYG field is the only type of field that will resolve a 3rd-party shortcode when displayed on the front-end of the site, so the other fields types don't really apply here. Your example demonstrates the issue using a Toolset Types WYSIWYG field called "Shortcode test":
hidden link

For a bit more technical information, when I installed the clone of your site on my local environment I was able to see a PHP fatal error when I tried to display a WYSIWYG field inside a Brizy template:

[07-May-2020 22:57:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Maximum function nesting level of '256' reached, aborting! in /path/to/site/wp-includes/plugin.php:912
Stack trace:
#0 /path/to/site/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(201): _wp_filter_build_unique_id('query', Array, false)
#1 /path/to/site/wp-includes/plugin.php(140): WP_Hook->has_filter('query', Array)
#2 /path/to/site/wp-includes/wp-db.php(2103): has_filter('query', Array)
#3 /path/to/site/wp-includes/wp-db.php(2123): wpdb->placeholder_escape()
#4 /path/to/site/wp-includes/wp-db.php(1173): wpdb->add_placeholder_escape('brizy-project')
#5 /path/to/site/wp-includes/wp-db.php(1244): wpdb->_real_escape('brizy-project')
#6 [internal function]: wpdb->escape_by_ref('brizy-project', 0)
#7 / in /path/to/site/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 912

So it seems there's some kind of infinite loop triggered here, which leads to the white screen I experienced and described before:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/shortcode-in-custom-field-and-brizy/#post-1597807

Other shortcodes seem to be hit-or-miss. For example, a Types number field works well, but the wpv-post-title shortcode is simply written to the page.

I'm reporting these issues to our 2nd tier support team and will follow up when we have some additional information to share.

Other shortcodes seem to be hit-or-miss. For example, a Types number field works well, but the wpv-post-title shortcode is simply written to the page.
It turns out I had Views and Blocks disabled when I tested the wpv-post-title field. Since this shortcode is part of Views/Blocks, obviously it won't work when those plugins are disabled. The WYSIWYG issue is still escalated to our compatibility team and I'll keep you posted as I receive more information.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This should be fixed with today's release of Types 3.4.2, if you could please update and confirm.

Hello, I'm checking in to see if you had the opportunity to confirm this fix. Please let us know if possible.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.