Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Settings for views disappear on site migration

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by dimitriH 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Posts
#2575209

Tell us what you are trying to do?
After migrating a site from development to live, we've noticed some query settings for views disappear.

This is the second time in a row this happens.
Do you have any idea what may be the cause of this?

Both times it happened with views for custom types.
After the first migration, we had to set the "content selection" again.
This time, we had to set up the taxonomy filter again.

#2576217

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Would you please give us more detailed information on how you move your website?

The Content Selection items are added to database and it seems the method you used to move the website has an issue.

To test the result, I suggest that you use a plugin such as the ones below to see if you see the same issue or not:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks.

#2576699

Hi Christopher,

Site-migration maybe wasn't the correct word.

The process we followed:
The physical location of the website didn't actually change.
We've changed A-records to point to a new IP.
We ran a database script to change the baseURL from development to live URL.

This is the database script we ran:
UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = replace(option_value, 'hidden link', 'hidden link') WHERE option_name = 'home' OR option_name = 'siteurl';

UPDATE wp_posts SET guid = replace(guid, 'hidden link','hidden link');

UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = replace(post_content, 'hidden link', 'hidden link');

UPDATE wp_postmeta SET meta_value = replace(meta_value,'hidden link','hidden link');

Maybe the MySQL query is altering something Toolset related?

Cheers

#2576807

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing these further details.

Toolset and some other plugins and themes store the data in serialized form in the database. But when a generic search and replace is performed for the domain or baseURL, it can cause an issue with that serialized data.

You'll find some suggestions to avoid this in the following official guide from WordPress:
https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/moving-wordpress/#changing-your-domain-name-and-urls

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

#2576823

Thanks Waqar,
We'll give it a try next time.
Cheers

#2576825

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.