Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search Filter with additional Query Filter no longer possible

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Add multiple taxonomy filters on same taxonomy into post view.

Solution:

In this case, it needs custom JS/CSS codes, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-filter-with-additional-query-filter-no-longer-possible/#post-2165473

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Q1) I tested in English and it seems to work there, however when we switch to German, we don't even see the 4 categories

For German version, I have added below JS codes into your website:
hidden link
section "Search and Pagination", box "JS editor", line 19~23:

// German version
	jQuery('input[value="nn-faq-de-hilfe-seite"]').parent('div.form-check').show();
	jQuery('input[value="nn-faq-de-native-nanny-werden"]').parent('div.form-check').show();
	jQuery('input[value="nn-faq-de-familie"]').parent('div.form-check').show();
	jQuery('input[value="nn-faq-de-techsupport"]').parent('div.form-check').show();

As you can see, they are German version of term slugs.

Q2) Also, when we click an FAQ to open it, they all open at once, instead of just the one opening and closing.
Since you are using Booststrap according to setup the those JS effect, you can follow their document to setup it:
hidden link
The problem is: You need to setup the unique ID for each accordion
I have setup a demo in your website,
hidden link
section "Loop Editor", change line 7 to:

<div id="accordion-[wpv-post-id]" class="accordion">

line 14:

<div id="collapse-[wpv-post-id]" class="card-body collapse" data-parent="#accordion-[wpv-post-id]" >

You can use [wpv-post-id] shortcode to setup the unique ID

Q3) Since you are asking for non-built-in feature, so the only workaround is using custom CSS/JS codes for this case.

Hi Luo

That looks better now, I'll just have my colleague test it too in case I missed something, but I think it looks good.

I'll let you know on Friday if all is well.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for the update and we'll wait for the confirmation.

Luo is on vacation and will be back tomorrow, to follow up on this ticket, as needed.

regards,
Waqar

I have marked this thread as "Waiting for feedback" status, please update here when you need more assistance for it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.