Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search fields in view breaks the table layout

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi, I think there is a bug with the table.

It works fine without search fields but When I add a search field, the table loses proportion.

Please have a look here: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

During testing on my website with a similar table layout and a view, I couldn't reproduce this behavior, which suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

To troubleshoot this further, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website so that it can be investigated on a different server, without affecting the actual website.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Hi, I did all you ask. Nothing changed.

What details do you need from me in order to fix this?

Thanks

The problem is with Taxonomy filter. You can see that it works fine with other filters: hidden link

This is with custom field filter: hidden link
This is with taxonomy filter: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing these details and during further testing and clearing all involved caches, I was able to reproduce this issue.

Screenshot before the taxonomy search filter:
hidden link

Screenshot after the taxonomy search filter:
hidden link

Thank you for bringing this forward and I've shared these findings with the concerned team and will keep you updated, through this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks. Looking forward to your response.
I'm currently stuck and waiting for this to be solved.
Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

I can understand your concern and will let you know, as soon as I've received an update from the concerned team.

Hi, any update?
Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, I don't have any news for you yet. Waqar is on vacation, he raised the issue last week but I've been unable to reproduce the problem on two different test sites with the steps provided.

I can see the issue on the first of your links above.

I'm taking a copy of your site to install locally for testing to see if I can spot what is different on your site from my test site. I'll get back to you later today when I've worked on it.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

OK, the missing step in the report I had from Waqar was that the table output needs to include a column for the taxonomy that a filter is added for.

With that I was able to reproduce the problem and I've escalated it to the developers. It is already added to the board for the current dev cycle, which should be a short cycle focused on bug fixes. It may still be a few weeks before plugin updates are released, however.

I'll keep an eye on the internal ticket, and if it is possible to publish a patch to resolve the problem, I'll let you know.

Hi,
That's not good enough for me. I can't wait weeks. It's a core bug, not nice to have feature.
Please find even temporary solution so I can continue developing my website.

Also, because of this delay, please postpone the 30 days money-back guarantee because I want to see that everything works according to my project needs first.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

That is correct that it is a bug in the product, but there are other bugs to be fixed in the developer pipeline, too, and it cannot be resolved overnight.

As soon as I see progress in the ticket I'll ask for a patch to fix the layout problem.

I suggest you continue working on other parts of your site in the meantime. You could temporarily use a View with something other than the table layout (e.g. grid) while the issue is worked on so that you have the functionality in place and change this to a table layout View when the issue is resolved.

The problem is that unlike other layouts (grid/list..), I can't create a grid and then change it to table.I'll have to erase and rebuild this

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.