Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Saving a View Search Field and Button

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The customer reported that on a localhost website, the view is not allowing to save the custom search field or the submit button.

Solution:

Tested the clone of the client's website on my test server and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Suggested it is server-related and recommended checking error log after turning on WordPress debugging.

Relevant Documentation:

n/a

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by felixP-3 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am using a new WordPress installation on localhost and the only plugins I am using are the latest Toolset plugins. I've tried this with themes Twenty-Twenty-One, Divi, and Blocksy and I get the same results.

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to add a search field and submit button, but Toolset is not letting me save the page after I add the search field and submit button (the Update button is disabled).

If I delete the search field and submit button, the Update button is enabled (and I can save the changes).

I was able to get this to work using the old Toolset View plugin on a different website.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I am using the video produced by Toolset.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

NO.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need access to the website's admin area, but, since you're working with the localhost website, I won't be able to access it.

You can:
a). put the website on an online server and share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the affected page
or
b). share its clone/snapshot along with the name of the affected page, so that I can investigate this on my server
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the website's duplicator package.

I deployed it on my test server and I had no difficulty in saving the view, after adding the search field and the submit button.

Screenshot back-end:
hidden link

Screenshot front-end:
hidden link

It seems there is some configuration issue in your localhost server and you can make sure that it meets the requirements listed at:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

To investigate exactly what is causing this, you can turn on WordPress debugging and see if any errors or warnings are logged in the server's error logs or browser's console:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.