Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Saving a View Search Field and Button

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The customer reported that on a localhost website, the view is not allowing to save the custom search field or the submit button.

Solution:

Tested the clone of the client's website on my test server and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Suggested it is server-related and recommended checking error log after turning on WordPress debugging.

Relevant Documentation:

n/a

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by felixP-3 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqar.

Author

I am using a new WordPress installation on localhost and the only plugins I am using are the latest Toolset plugins. I've tried this with themes Twenty-Twenty-One, Divi, and Blocksy and I get the same results.

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to add a search field and submit button, but Toolset is not letting me save the page after I add the search field and submit button (the Update button is disabled).

If I delete the search field and submit button, the Update button is enabled (and I can save the changes).

I was able to get this to work using the old Toolset View plugin on a different website.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I am using the video produced by Toolset.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

NO.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need access to the website's admin area, but, since you're working with the localhost website, I won't be able to access it.

You can:
a). put the website on an online server and share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the affected page
or
b). share its clone/snapshot along with the name of the affected page, so that I can investigate this on my server
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the website's duplicator package.

I deployed it on my test server and I had no difficulty in saving the view, after adding the search field and the submit button.

Screenshot back-end:
hidden link

Screenshot front-end:
hidden link

It seems there is some configuration issue in your localhost server and you can make sure that it meets the requirements listed at:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

To investigate exactly what is causing this, you can turn on WordPress debugging and see if any errors or warnings are logged in the server's error logs or browser's console:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!