Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeating Fields are currently not supported inside Repeatable Field Groups

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Suddenly, my users cannot save multiple images to a post. The appear to save, but then disappear. There are custom image fields associated with post type. When I look at the custom fields definition to allow multiple instances, I see "Repeating Fields are currently not supported inside Repeatable Field Groups - a field can only have one value inside a Repeatable Field Group." However, this is not a Repeating Field Group.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: Multiple images

Instead, I got: One image, and when the post is edited the new images have simply disappeared.

Adding images to other post types does not seem to be saved in the DB...

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Larry,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've checked the field group "Journal_entry fields" and noticed that the "Image" field has been properly set with "Allow multiple instances of this field" option.

Also in the content template "Template for Journal (Entry)" these fields are properly set to show the multiple instances of this field.

An issue like this can appear if multiple fields of the same slug exist on the website. Have you made any changes after writing to us or are you still seeing any error or warning? If yes, please share the exact steps, so that I can reproduce this on a test website.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for the reply. It was a very confusing issue, but I tracked it down to this --- the client was uploading images with a copyright symbol in the filename. These images were added to the media list. However, when those images were added to a post and published, the update to the wp_meta table failed to write. This happened silently -- no PHP or JS errors. I looked at the raw table and saw the records were not written. Eventually, I found the pattern . the symbol in the file name string. Removed it, and all is working. Ever heard of something like this? Is this related to a PHP sanitation routine?

Larry

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back and sharing these findings.

I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior on my test website and couldn't find any similar report from other users, either.

Can you please share some example file names that your client was using earlier?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.