Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeatable Group (image) Field not available in Form Creation

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Screenshot 2023-05-30.png
Screenshot 2023-05-30 124420.png

I have a Custom Post Type called Suppliers. I have created the Field Group for Suppliers. Within that Field Group, there is a repeatable group for images. (Post Group Field Page screenshot attached.) When creating a New Form "Add New Supplier", all of the fields appear except the repeatable group. (screenshot attached)

My users need to be able to upload multiple images for each supplier. I wanted a repeatable group so that users would be able to upload as many images as they wished without reaching an upper limit. (i.e. I don't want to define image1, image2, image3 as custom fields because this needs to be able to grow organically.)

It's exactly what you have done here on this help form - multiple images can be uploaded.

Settings: Bootstrap 4 is loaded, "Use the WordPress Media Library manager" is checked.

How do I make this happen?

Thx

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

repeating-image-field-example.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The custom field values stored in the repeatable field groups are saved in a separate hidden post type and not with the same parent post type to which the field group is attached.

For this reason, it is not possible to add them, using the same form that adds the parent post.
( ref: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/ )

Based on what you've shared, a simpler approach would be not to use the repeatable field group for the images. You can simply include an image type field, and turn on the option 'Allow multiple instances of this field'. This way users will be able to upload multiple images, using the same form that adds the 'Suppliers' post.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.