Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not all related posts are being displayed in View results

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have two custom post types in a many-to-many relationship with an intermediary post type. When I create a View of the intermediary post type and try to display the related posts, some related posts are not appearing.

Solution: In this case it appears that nesting Content Templates was causing a problem, so moving the View out of the nested template was the solution.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mario 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

the problem is there are 2 records 1. showing Jimbo 2. Brenda is not.

If you look at the seekers in the menu. and click on Peggy Smith you will see there are 2 intermediary posts attached to Peggy's record

Okay thank you, that makes sense. I edited the Content Template "Loop item in cs-hello-login2 and placed the View "bmk list of all carers for seeker1" directly in this CT instead of using another CT " bmk-seeker-carer1" inside the Loop item CT. Now I can see both Jimbo and Brenda. So it appears that there is something going on when using one Content Template inside another Content Template. Can you take a look and see if the results are like you expect now?

Christian thank you again.
Can I ask another question

We try to handle one issue per ticket, so if it's about something else please create a new ticket. I'm here for another 30 mins or so and I can take that ticket right away.

How do i create a button to click on the carer which creates the cbookmark to the logged in user.

From this link
hidden link

The logged in user can click on a carer link for more details and then save (bookmark) them

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/create-link-to-relationship-form/

Let me split that into another ticket, since it's not exactly related to this topic.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.