Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not all related posts are being displayed in View results

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have two custom post types in a many-to-many relationship with an intermediary post type. When I create a View of the intermediary post type and try to display the related posts, some related posts are not appearing.

Solution: In this case it appears that nesting Content Templates was causing a problem, so moving the View out of the nested template was the solution.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mario 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have created a relationship and then following the instruction created a view.

But it will not display the resulting intermediary posts

I don't have layouts installed.

https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/

hidden link

Hi, can you take screenshots of the View editor screen so I can see your configurations? Scroll down to the Loop Output editor - is this section complete? If so, please copy + paste the code here in your next reply. Also please let me know how you added the View to the page.

LC-view-rel2.png

Here's the view.

Added the view using widget toolset view in elementor

Okay thanks. In the Loop item template, can you add the wpv-post-title shortcode and tell me what, if anything, is displayed?

Post title: [wpv-post-title]<br />

Please let me know the parent and child post types, and which post type contains the cp-provider-image field.

No nothing

If i change the
Filter by post relationship or repeatable fields group owner to loop

I get one of the intermediary posts to appear

Seekers [*] << cBookmarks >> cp-Providers [*]

Parent (Seeker)
Child (cp-Provider)

(cp-Provider) post type contains the cp-provider-image field.

Can you tell me where you added the View Widget with Elementor - is it in a Template, or in a post's contents, or somewhere else? And also, where are you looking on the front-end of the site to see this View - is it in another post, or nested in another View of posts, etc?

No it is not in a template it is directly placed in a page.

I have tried in in two place : -

1. As a content template and inserted it as a short code in the elementor page - with in an existing view.

2. As well a stand alone view using the toolset view widget on the page.

3. It is to be displayed on to a logged in user.

If i change the Filter by post relationship or repeatable fields group owner to loop...I get one of the intermediary posts to appear
Okay this makes sense if the View of intermediary posts is inserted in a View of Seeker posts. You should see the title of the intermediary post appear. You should also see the custom field image appear, but I'm not quite sure why this is not happening. Is it possible for me to log into wp-admin and see how this is set up? Please let me know where I can see the View on the front-end of the site.

I have left the veiew as originally reported not as a loop.

Thanks, can you provide the admin password so I can check the View and relationship settings? I got the username, but the password I have from a previous ticket is not working.

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 4.42.58 PM.png

Okay I logged in as the Seeker and changed the View filter to "current post in the loop". Now I'm attaching what I see. It seems that the cp-provider-image is showing up as expected for me, as well as the intermediary post name "cBookmarks: 4319 – 3810". The seeker's name is Peggy... and the cp-Provider is Jimbo... that all looks accurate to me. So I guess I don't understand the problem - is this the wrong information? Is there supposed to be more information? Please provide more details.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.