Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Protect relationships when broadcasting content in a multisite

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicolaT-2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
I have a multisite network with two websites sharing the custom post types "Doctors" and "Services". In addition to these CPTs I have created, in each website, a 'relationship' with which I can link these contents together. For example, I can associate the doctor "John Smith" to the service "Cardiology Visit".

I am using the plugin Broadcast (hidden link) to inject content from the main blog to the child blog. My problem is that everytime I update a post in the parent blog the relationships I have set for the child are deleted. The plugin Broadcast offers a "custom field blacklist" to protect my custom fields but I haven't been able to protect the relationships.

I expect that adding "wpcf" + my relationship slug (wpcf-relazione-prestazione) in the blacklist I should be able to protect the relationships in the child blog, but it's not working.

Should I use another type of reference to identify the relationships?
Do you have any suggestion to help me?

Thanks,
Nicola

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

> My problem is that everytime I update a post in the parent blog the relationships I have set for the child are deleted.

- On updating a post in the parent blog, is the relationship deleted only for the copy in the child blog, or is it also deleted in the actual/parent blog too?

The Toolset relationships use unique database tables and structures to save the post relationships and don't rely on the custom fields for this.

You can perform some tests and see if the Broadcast plugin maintains the same post IDs across the different blogs in the network. If yes, you can remove the post relationships and store the IDs for the related child posts in a custom field of the parent-related posts.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
thank you for your reply. I solved the issue with the support of the Broadcast plugin author.

Cheers,
Nicola

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.