Skip Navigation

[Resolved] problem with Displaying Multiple select option in front end

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I have a post form where user can select from multiple options and multiple items. The display is not coming in the drop-down format instead it shows in box format.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To suggest the best way to achieve this, I'll need to see how this form and the relevant fields are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page where this form can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access details and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

I've checked your form "Research Funding" and noticed that the multi-select fields are showing, as expected. When a multi-select attribute is enabled in a select field, it shows in a square/block format.
( ref: hidden link )

If you don't like this format, you can alternatively select the 'checkboxes' type option from the multi-select field's setting in the form.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I understand that but showing a long list of country in checkboxes is not the feasible solution, I want them to be displayed as displayed on the following link hidden link (coming from wp-forms) while selecting country citizenship or research areas appears.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've performed some testing and research, but couldn't find some simple customization script/code to implement a multi-select field like the one from the wp-forms.

So, I'm afraid, you'll either have to choose from either the native multi-select or the checkboxes field type.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.