Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Posts without an address get excluded from the view results

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

HI there, I have a view showing posts and the view has several filters. One filter is an address/location/distance search.

I have just realised, that if I add no address to a specific post, that post won't appear in the view list even if we do not filter by anything

However, the same cannot be said for Taxonomies. If the View has a filter by taxonomies and the post has no taxonomy set at all, the post still appears in the default list

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Beda,

Thank you for waiting and I was able to reproduce this on my test website.

Unlike other fields, for the Address type custom field, the query filter is applied by default even when the page loads, which always excludes the posts where no address is set.

The good news is, it is not only reported but a fix for it is also planned to be covered in the upcoming Toolset Maps release (version 2.1).

For now, a workaround would be to ensure all posts have some address added in the field.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar, this is indeed great news.

Can we perhaps leave the tick here in escalated mode so I get notified if and when it is released?
I need this on a client project so it will be good to know when it is out

thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Beda,

Sure, I'll keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar