Skip Navigation

[Closed] Post form sending email but not adding post entry

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

We have a post form set up to create an entry for a custom post type and also send a couple emails about it. Recently we discovered a bunch of emails had been sent, but there don't appear to be matching posts created. Any idea what might be wrong? It seems to be working fine most of the time.

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, it might be a compatibility problem, please check these in your website:

1) deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS codes, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL and form URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if find anything

The file you provided is broken, please check it, then put the package file in your own google drive disk, share the link only.

Also point out the form URLs and page URLs, provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, I need to debug it in my localhost

The package file you provided above is not valid, I get 404 error:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-form-sending-email-but-not-adding-post-entry/#post-1715353

It might due to file size problem, please try as I mentioned above, put the package file in your own google drive disk, share the link in below private message box. thanks

speakers.JPG
mail-log2.JPG
mail-log.JPG

I can import the database dump file in my localhost(Fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins).

There is only one post form "Speaker Registration"(ID: 29822), so I have tried it in front-end, fill and submit the form, it works fine, I can get two email notifications with correct email content, see screenshot mail-log.php + mail-log2.JPG

And the new speaker posts are created, see screenshot speakers.JPG

Do you have any clue to duplicate the problem you mentioned above:

but there don't appear to be matching posts created

Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem.

Did you get any related PHP debug logs from your website?
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, and as I mentioned in a previous message, based on the large spike in the number of emails it sent out when this occurred, I suspect it may be some sort of attack exploiting something in the code rather than a general issue when form is submitted in a normal manner. I had already checked the PHP debug logs and there wasn't anything related listed in there.

I can not duplicate the same problem in fresh WP installation + your database dump file.

In order to debug this issue, we need detail steps to reproduce the same problem, please update here if there is any clue to reproduce the same problem, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Post form sending email but not adding post entry’ is closed to new replies.