Skip Navigation

[Resolved] post form required fields validation

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi.
In a page with Divi theme, I've created a post form. The problem is the message "This field is required" appears although the field is correctly fulfilled.

thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this form is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the form page and the name of the required field?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

Although I can see the issue with the required fields on your website, I couldn't reproduce this on my test website. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website? This will help in investigating this on a different server.

Yes please, clone all what you need.

thanks for your time,
David

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission.

During troubleshooting on your website's clone, I was able to confirm that this is the same compatibility issue with the "The Events Calendar" plugin, that is already reported:
https://toolset.com/errata/events-calendar-update-breaks-toolset-post-forms/

A permanent fix for this will be included in the next Toolset Forms release and for now, you have two options for a quick fix:

1. You can check the option "Submit this form without reloading the page (use AJAX)" in the form's settings.

OR

2. You can download the "main.php" file from the patch available in the errata page and replace it with a file of the same name at:
/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

I wanted to let you know that the latest releases of Toolset plugins include a fix for this issue.

If the updates do not show up on your plugin installer page (click the registered link beneath the plugin name to go to the custom installer page) click the 'Check for Updates' button to update the list.

Or you can download the latest versions from your accounts page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.