Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Field – Images; After deleting and uploading new image, does not attach

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I installed Duplicator and created the package. FYI: the site is so big, the Duplicator would fail unless I filtered out all the uploads. Let me know if this is OK. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to remedy the file size of the package.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

You can filter them out since we will only be checking the form with the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

OK I did so. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Awesome thanks, i've posted your duplicator package to the escalated ticket.

I'm not expecting a response from our 2nd tier supporters before Monday so i'll keep you posted with any new information.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Could you try switching your theme to a default wordpress theme and let me know if this works for you ?

It seems there is something strange causing this to not work because I tested it on your duplicator with the wordpress 2016 theme and it works.

I made a clean install with the Divi theme and it works fine as well so something else is causing the issue.

Please let me know the result of the test.
Thanks,
Shane

Hmm looks like the WordPress 2016 theme does work. Please feel free to log into the dev server and try for yourself. Where do we go from here? The site is beginning to get a lot of traffic and I need this to work. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Try using a Fresh copy of the latest version of Divi.

I'm at a complete loss but our second tier supporters are on this so it could be something in the theme causing the issue since it works fine with the 2016 theme.

Thanks,
Shane

Since you are using an exact duplicate of the site, what could possibly cause the issue? Any word from Tier 2?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Does updating the theme to the latest version help ?

Also seems that its an ongoing issue with no solution from our devs as yet.

Thanks,
Shane

Unfortunately, I updated the theme but still have the same issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

This may sound a bit farfetched but can you clear any cache that is active and check your .htaccess for anything that could be caching the site.

Also ensure that the files are not being blocked by any firewalls.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

We have updated our Erratas page.

Could you try the solution here again.

Looking forward to hearing from you .
https://toolset.com/errata/upload-fails-wordpress-installed-directory/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.