Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Field – Images; After deleting and uploading new image, does not attach

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

This is a similar issue to the thread I started three weeks ago: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/featured-image-is-uploaded-but-not-attached-to-posts-created-using-cred-form/

There are two CRED forms; one to create a CPT and one to edit the CPT. The CPT is called Listings. The CRED form has several custom post fields for images. If an end user edits their Listing and wants to delete the images and upload new ones, the new ones don't attach. The site is now live and this bug flew under the radar. Please let me know ASAP what other additional info is needed. Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

If there a test site setup where I can test this issue ?

Please let me know and I can enable the private fields for you so that I can test this problem.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes I do have the site on a test server. How can I privately get you the credentials to log in?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Please let me know if the link I sent in the previous thread resolves this issue as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for this. I am out of the office today but will apply the fix tomorrow.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Thanks keep me posted.

Thanks,
Shane

I applied the hotfix; however, it is not working. For example, I have a CRED form to add and edit a CPT which contains image fields. If I delete the image and browse to a new image, that new image does not attach. What else can be done?

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.22.35 PM.png

I've attached an image as a visual. You will see the filename but no image. As you can see, the field for Picture of Instrument's Full Body - Front, just displays the filename.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the screenshot but does the image upload successfully ?

Meaning when you check on the backend its updated in the custom field ?

Thanks,
Shane

No it's not there.

Also, I just updgraded the CRED plugin to 1.8.1 and the functionality is still not working.

If I am to update images in the custom fields I (site admin) must go the back-end of the post to do it. The end user does not have the ability to do this nor should they have the ability to do so.

Also, I have a repeating field for multiple images. After adding one to the field and then try to add another, that image does not attach.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

I'm looking into this once more, I must apologize for the lengthy times between responses as the queue has been quite busy.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Could you provide me with admin access to the site ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.